Slow and Steady, Creamy Spinach Dip

This Christmas was so very different in a lot of ways and so very much the same in others.  We had lots of company throughout Christmas, tested out the new bar, drank, ate and were merry!   On top of all that we had two new additions to the dinner table this year as the girls invited their significant others and we definitely shared many laughs.

In all the years past, even though we had lots of company we never thought the day would come that we would be breaking Christmas bread with our girls and their boyfriends.  I think the most shocking thing this year was learning that both our girls are in very serious relationships and that wedding bells may be in the not so distant future.

As their mother I can say that I am nervous for my girls but I am also excited for them as they are each beginning a new chapter in their lives that is well worth the read.

When I first started blogging I was doing it because it felt good to experiment and get my ideas down on "paper" when I could, but today I am rethinking that.  I now look at my blog as a family cookbook dedicated to my girls and (fingers crossed) future generations of our family.

So on that note I would like to share my slow cooker spinach dip.  Now I don't make this often unless we are having a larger group, and then I will double the recipe because the family and company will gobble it up.  The best part is that since it's made in the slow cooker it frees up the oven for any other hor d'oeuvres that need to be made.  

Without further ado here is the recipe for a single batch:

1 - 8oz brick of cream cheese, cubed
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Havarti
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/8 cup minced sweet onion (can also be finely chopped green onion)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp pepper
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker, cover and turn on high.  Once the cream cheese is melted, keep the slow cooker on high for an additional 2 hours.  Serve with pumpernickel rye bread, or crackers.  I promise this no fail, delicious and will surely impress your family and friends.

Merry Christmas everyone, and as always enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts