Quick, Homemade, Ovenless, No Fat Potato Chips....WHAT?!

Who knew.....I love it when I buy a product for the kitchen and it works!

I am a huge Epicure fan, have been for many years.  This week I remember why.

Earlier this week I ordered myself a Chipster and Slicer to make no fat potato chips and my order came today.  Just like every kid at Christmas time I couldn't wait to take it for a spin.  I came home, cleaned the Chipster and Slicer before using them for the first time and then I got to work slicing potatoes.

I placed my slices on the Chipster (just like the picture) and microwaved away.....

I used four potatoes in total and let me tell you I could have done a whole bag.  The end result is a crispy, oil free potato that I get to control the salt and seasonings on....yummy!


If you are looking for a guiltless potato chip that you can proudly call homemade, this is the way to go!

You can also make sweet potato chips and apple chips (I have yet to try these, but I will!)  I say this is well worth the money you will spend even if you're not a chip hound.

Note:  I used red potatoes, they are more starchy than Yukon golds, so you may have to adjust the time in the microwave.  Next time I'm using Yukon golds!

If you don't have an Epicure consultant send me a message and I will give you the name of one.  No it isn't me.

Comments

Popular Posts