Quick Bake Epicure Cake

So in my post Quick, Homemade, Ovenless, No Fat Potato Chips....WHAT?! I talked about my recent Epicure purchase.  I also ordered a square steamer.  I already had the meals planned out last week so I knew I wasn't going to be able to test it right away.  

But of course that didn't last long as curiosity got the better of me.  So I decided to try baking a cake with it in the microwave.  I researched what feels like a gazillion recipes online, and I tried a few but wasn't happy with the overall results.  Either they were too dry and crumbly or they were very heavy.  

So today I continued my journey to discovering the best microwave cake and came up with my own recipe.    

As the title of this post suggests it is quick and easy and can all be done in the square steamer, so no big messes to clean up after.  I love this the best.

Here's the recipe:

4 cups boxed cake mix (any flavour, heck try two!)
2 tbsp oil and water to make one full cup 
1/2 cup yogurt (the more yogurt you add the denser your cake will be)

Put all the ingredients in the square steamer blend with a fork until smooth and microwave on high for 8 minutes.  

Let cake cool, top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa.  Serve.




Note: You may have to play with the time to bake depending on the make and model of your microwave, but this is the easiest no fuss cake I have ever made.

This is definitely worth the investment I made in the steamer!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts